Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pasadena, CA Family Photographer: The D Family

This weekend I was able to do a session for a very special family.  Their little one, N is about 2 weeks younger than my own Bug so N's mommy and I have had the blessing of experiencing all the ups and downs of being a first time mommy...together.  I can't even count on two hands how many late night emails/texts we've sent each other, especially when our little ones were just born, in tears because both our little ones never slept, always ate (but always spit up), and because we were sleep-deprived.  With both our little ones over 2 years old now, those days seem so long ago.  This family holds a very special place in our hearts and we are so blessed by their friendship.  Rather than doing a traditional photo session, I thought it would be best to follow the D family around and capture them as they are.

{South Pasadena, CA}
 It turns out it was the best idea because N did not take a full nap that day so he really made me work for some smiles!
He was suspicious of my camera.  The first sentence out of his mouth was, "Mama de Ella!  No fotos!"
After some ice cream, a trip to the park, and watching the metrolink go by the train tracks, he threw some smiles my way! :)
 At the end of the day, we did all we could to get him to pose and smile, but this look indicated N was done.
So we took a pic of N's mommy and daddy. Such a beautiful couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment